Las Cruces High School Class of 1965 - Latest News
10-03-2015 - Minutes for 9-29-15
MINUTES ‚Äď 9/29/15
Main Street Bistro & Brewery
1. Attendees: Jim McKinney, Rita Trivia, Eddy Gallegos, Ralph Smith, Stevie & Mike Pack, Barbara Camunez, Frank Simpson, Mike Groves, Freddy Lucero, Sharon Alberson Erwin, Lynn Rigney Richardson.
2. Jim McKinney gave report on the number of paid registrations. As of this date there are 191 paid. The budget was not finalized after resent registrations, but Jim stated that we will have sufficient money to take care of all bills.
3. Jim will take care of a cash drawer & change in case there is some to show up who had not paid.
4. Stevie gave a report of what would have to be the arrangement of tables at Picacho Hills. Since the number is approaching 200. We gave them a final count, that will have to change tomorrow. Sharon & Kay & Stevie will meet at Picacho on Thursday to view the set-up with Stephanie & contingency plans for more if needed.
5. Lynn gave a review of all the decorations. For the brunch & foods that committee members had volunteered to bring. Everyone on the committee will need to be there at 8:00 a.m. to start preparing the food for service & set everything up. Lynn is worried that we will not have enough food.
6. Eddie Gallegos reported on the Memorial at Veteran`s Park. We should be there at 9:20 a.m. The Memorial will only last 30 min. A Marine group will play taps & will give a 21-gun salute. John Pickett will give a brief prayer and someone will read the names of those military members who were killed. A wreath, donated by Mike Nunez, will be placed on the Vietnam Nam memorial area.
7. Barbara Camunez reported about La Posta. She has done all of the work for this area. ¬†Pictures on easels will be placed around the area we have reserved. She has painted a large Bulldog like she did in high school. ¬†Frank Petracek is creating a frame for it and Frank Simpson will take it from La Posta to Picacho Hills for us. ¬†We will have to have the entire area we originally requested for 200 (looks like we were right). Anyone who can help at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, please come to assist putting items around the area. ¬†Barbara is doing a slide show of pictures throughout our school days (all of them) that will be playing continually. ¬†Word has it that it is 2 hrs. in length. ¬†We may have to have her playing on Sunday!!!
8. Jim Hawman, Sharon Alberson Erwin, Eddy Gallegos, and Ralph Smith have volunteered to man the registration table. ¬†They will need to be there by 5:00 p.m. to set up Goody Bags and name tags. ¬†After the initial groups of people come through, they will be able to take turns to enjoy the festivities.
9. Tour of LCHS. ¬†Those of you who don‚Äôt get into town or those from out-of-town are in for a shock. NOT the same school you remember. ¬†It has gone through a major renovation in the last two years. ¬†We will have a tour of the new facility starting at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, 10/10/15. ¬†If you are planning to attend, you need to be in the East Parking lot by 1:20 p.m. at the latest. ¬†It is located in the ‚Äúold‚ÄĚ cotton field to the East of El Paseo Rd. The National Honor Society students will have ambassadors to direct us and act as tour guides. ¬†Thanks to all. ¬†Rita Triviz you have done a great job trying to get all of this arranged.
10. Saturday is definitely a busy day with the culmination to take place at Picacho Hills Country Club. ¬†Thank you, Stevie Pack, for getting this venue for us. ¬†We are going to cozy up there, but the view is so worth it. The decorations committee has been working hard at getting all things finished for the last month. ¬†Thanks to Jeanne Wallace Garland, Kay Stevenson Petracek, Frank B. Simpson, Eddy Gallegos, and Charlotte Winans for all of their hard work. ¬†Also, thanks to the Class of 1964 for passing down their materials they had left from last year. It gave us a running start and basic ideas. ¬†The centerpiece committee plans to donate what we have left to the next class. ¬†Eddy and Sharon will take the decorations out to Picacho Hills on Friday morning. ¬†We will meet there no later than 4:30 or 5:00 to set up the centerpieces and double check the tables. ¬†
11. Charlotte Murray Winans and Stevie Pack will be checking name badges and handing out registrations for those not at La Posta. The table will be located just outside the bar area as you enter the facility. ¬†Stevie will place balloons and signs at the two intersections that need to be marked for those of you that have never been there and those who don‚Äôt remember. The table decorations will be offered to anyone that wishes to have a memory, the rest can be used at the brunch.
12. Sunday Brunch is going to be a culmination of the entire weekend. ¬†Jeff Moore will be playing from the stage area as we visit and eat. ¬†This will all be served buffet. ¬†Thanks to LCPS for allowing us to use the facility and their cafeteria kitchen for this event. ¬†The committee will meet at the school at 8:00 a.m. in order to prepare food and get things set up. ¬†All hands are needed please. If you do not remember what you have volunteered to bring, call Lynn Richardson at (575) 523-5701. We have to be out of there by 1:00 p.m. at the latest. ¬†So all hands will be needed after the meal. ¬†Thanks Lynn and the ‚ÄúBlue Hairs‚ÄĚ for all your help.