Hello Class of '65 Bulldogs . . .
Last night (Thursday, February 26th) we held our monthly 50th reunion committee meeting. Please mark your calendars now for our next meeting on Thursday, March 26 @6:00 PM at the Main Street Bistro. A summary of the pertinent reunion discussion from last night (of course we also had a great time visiting, too!):
(1) Charlotte Winans reported on the 'Goody Bags' which will include Bulldog pins and numerous other informational and nostalgic items.
(2) Jim McKinney will make the arrangements and secure the pricing for the reunion badges (nametags) through Instacopy. Charlotte and Jerry Winans provided examples and the committee agreed to using the format presented which has a great Bulldog motif, large print for names, and the yearbook picture. Barbara Camunez suggested we use maiden names for the women.
(3) Charlotte Winans will negotiate with the band and find out if we need to a pay a deposit prior to signing a contract. The band is 'Remember Then'.
(4) Jim McKinney and Dennis Finn are still waiting to hear back from their numerous emails to 'Our Class On-Line', which provides the credit card payment system that we would like to use. Jim will also open the bank account for the reunion which will be required for both credit card and personal check remittance.
(5) Kay Petracek will create a newsletter in .pdf (portable document format) which will be sent by email to those that have email addresses and postal delivery for those that do not. This newsletter will be provided when we have all of the details nailed down regarding the payment information.
(6) Charlotte Winans has negotiated with La Quinta Inn Mesilla Valley to set aside a block of 30 to 40 rooms for October 9 and 10. This hotel is located central to Old Mesilla and closer to Picacho Hills Country Club than most. The deadline for this reservation is September 9, after that date the rooms will go back to unreserved status. The price is $69+tax for 2 Double Beds and $74+tax for a King room. This price includes breakfast and free wireless. This hotel is located @ 790 Avenida De Mesilla. Telephone: 575.524.0331. The contact person for this reservation is Arianna and she works from 7am to 3pm. We will provide contact information for other centrally located hotels in the upcoming newsletter.
(7) There were updates to the memorials and Lynn Richardson has some great ideas for the Sunday activity, which we are still exploring. Barbara Camunez reported that La Posta has given us some time to get our funds flowing before they require the down payment for the 'Mixer' on Friday, October 9.
(8) Our biggest concern, at this point, is finding classmates. We really need everyone reading this to make a concerted effort to find our missing classmates. This activity has to involve everyone, not just the committee. We have some great tools (the website: lchsnm65.com) to help. Please do all you can do to find these missing folks, since this may be the last opportunity we have to get together en masse.